Friday, April 11, 2008

Artist Sean Odell

Last year on my second night in Ireland I went to see Emm Gryner in concert who I learned was one of my classmates' brothers' wife. A year later, after sharing studio with my friend Ryan, I've learned that his brother who I chilled with over some Guinness in Dubby is a highly accomplished artist who shared exhibitions with the famous H.R. Geiger, and has even sold paintings to Rob Zombie. Have a browse at Sean Odell's website for some of his amazing artwork.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey -

that was some good guinness ...
it always tastes better over there.
thanx for the kind words/mention.

If you are around, Emm is playing the Back Sheep Inn, Wakefield on June 27th ... it isn't too far from Ottawa and I think they serve guiness there too.

Olly said...

Sean, hugest coincidence... and I hope I don't sound creepy but this is actually true... another classmate and I were just talking about your Nefertiti painting literally within an hour ago, wanting to do a similar piece. I'll make it a point to see you on the 27th just to fill you in and catch up since our last time in Dubby, à la Guinness.

p.s. didn't realize this post comes up #1 on a google search...hope it's good publicity!