Thursday, February 28, 2008

Skyscratcher Model Vid

Here's a rough-cut video of my tower as its coming along in studio these days. The unsightly blocky section has yet to be cut down like the rest of the tower - wait till next week for that get trimmed down.


All of the three dimensional design work is so much like making a sculpture. This is where our life drawing skills are starting to overflow into studio, in the likeness of shaping an anthropomorphic figure. Each tower should possess the innate beauty of a human body. In my situation, I have one and a half towers which raises the challenge of avoiding an obese looking building. This will likely be the ongoing struggle with my design -- to give the illusion of Olympian physique on a Siamese twin. I was able to get away with adding a half tower to the requirements because it satisfied my conceptual narrative. Ofcourse, that means 1.5x the work, but the proportion and contextual scale of one and a half towers to the site is appealing to me.

Haha, this video really is crappy, worthy of a professor's boot in the behind, but who cares. I don't want to reveal too much of the model just yet. At the very least, just to share some ongoing progress of the design.

No comments: