Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas, this year. Best wishes to all!

At the moment, I'm having an extended recovery from finals with a glass of egg nog, some clementines, and a plate of rum balls on the table. Ahh, the life of being home again...

Christmas was extremely generous this year. I got a fencing foil which I've been waving around the house hysterically. Paddy has been getting most of the blunt end of my urge to stab things. Can't wait to get back at it in January. Also got some archie books: 'Fragments: Architecture and the Unfinished', by Robin Middleton, 'Space, Time and Architecture' by Siegfried Giedion. Also, mum's trip down to Traverse City to partake in the indulgence of western capitalism on 'Black Friday' scored me a new juicer. Woot!

Mark and Shashi are keeping their feet up and stomachs filled with holiday feasts at our place on their couple weeks of holidays. Uncle Mark went out on his first ski trip today, surviving a few falls. They head back to Gloucestershire on the 5th.

All the while, I'm not quite finished the semester, as I'm still trying to crank out a pre-thesis essay (15-pager). The general topic is fragmentation, hence the book by Middleton. However, the wonderful distractions of royal feasts, seeing friends and relatives is slowing things down a bit. No panic; enjoy home while I'm here.

Finals went well. When I get this essay out of the way, I'll put up some images of the presentation work.

No comments: