Thursday, July 19, 2007

Work

The past few weeks have been fairly busy at work but very rewarding. I just submitted a planning application for a small domestic extension to an old Georgian home just up the street from my current address . The building is considered a protected structure by conservation standards and so we've had to apply for permission to make any changes to the existing building. This particular project was good because I've been able to work on it from survey stage through design development, client presentations and then to planning stage which is rarely the case. Having a 10 month work period just lends to actually seeing a project through. Unfortunately, next week is my last week of work, so no chance of seeing it on site. I think I'm allowed to show just about this much of the project:

Sketchup model of the back extension.

I can't really believe it but next Friday is my last day of work. Then I'm going to sneak off to do some traveling and come back to visit J's ancestral village of Killishandra in County Cavan. And then my friends, it's home sweet home.

No comments: