Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Party 2K6

Last night was our Christmas party at work. Some look forward to it, others fear it with last year's hazy memories in mind. K+K, and other firms in the Friary packed it in around 2pm and headed to the Winding Stair Restaurant, a shmancy watering hole along the Liffy River. The food was phenomenal and we topped it off with a Kris Kringle. Someone must have known I had a fever, cuz the only cure for a fever...is more cowbell. I'm now the proud owner of a Swiss cowbell. Thank you, Mr. Kearney. After we were watered, fed and merry, everyone headed to the Octagon Bar, official hotel of [drumroll] Bono. The Dubliners thought it was a little taboo to be drinking from the tap of Pope Bono, but since about 80% of the office is non-Irish, nobody cared. Overall: a fantastic night - had a great time and happy we all collectively made outrageously good fools of ourselves (see below).

Tomorrow I'm off to meet up with Uncle Mark and Aunt Shashi in Gloucester where I'll be staying with them till Boxing Day. Really excited to see them.

I'm very thankful to be staying with family over Christmas this year. Sadly I won't be able to see the usual faces over the holidays, but nonetheless I hope everyone back home has a wonderful Christmas with family this year. 2006 has flown by for me. Between school, traveling, it's all one huge blur, but one of the best years of my life. I want to wish everyone the best for the new year and a hearty Gaelic Sláinte (good health!). Miss you all, and sending the best of wishes.



Paul and his new Jazzman Sax








Carsten frowns on Xmas. 'Bah Humbug!'. Carsten is a German landscape architect from Bernard Seymour's office (our host tonight)





Davide, now hooked up with new 'Desktop Girfriend'. Davide is from Sardinia and works with an architect sharing Bernard's office.





Janice (?), probably the least shy person I've met in my life firing her 'Nun Chuck'... yes, it actually catapults miniature nuns. I bought one for myself today.





The Liffy on the way to the Octagon.







The Octogon. Well-named. No argument here.







Ofcourse, a huge thanks to our mastermind host, Bernard.







There's just not enough cowbell in this picture. I think we need more cowbell.





Here's most of the gang from Bernard's Landscape Office. Left-right, as usual: Toni from Germany, Ed from Wexford (south Ireland), Mark next to his mother, from England I think, and Meat aka Allen from County Cork.





With a name like Meat, you can always get away with drinking a fruity Majito.






Dermott on the left, Paul and Maria drifting to starboard.








Good times.







Tickets to the 'Meat Gun-Show' sold here.







Collars up, bottoms up.








Last sight of the Octagon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so iggy, i have a crush on a woman at your office.

Anonymous said...

surprise...surprise.